Tuesday 20 January 2015

Journalling Tips // Choosing your way

As my first post on my new blog I thought that I would discuss Journalling. I am a person who prefers writing than talking and will fill up endless notebooks with words. Any problem, thought or idea that pops into my head is always written down before I share it with anyone. Whenever I go shopping my parents cringe when I get home as I have usually purchased a new piece of stationary  with journals being the top item I can not stop buying! I'm going to share with you the types of journals that are handy to keep.

1// Diary
This is essential especially for your school, work, homework and appointments . Make sure the diary you choose is not all about the appearance, you want the layout to suit your style. Personally I like the weekly planners so that you can see what is ahead of you. In my diary this year I'm using a black inked pen just so that the pages are tidier.

2// Sketchbook
If writing is not your forte then a sketchbook is perfect for you. The key to having a visual diary is having an appropriate sized one so that you can take it with you everywhere you go- you never know when creativity will strike! I also recommend checking out the paper type before you buy as bad quality paper can ruin your lovely drawings.

3// Draft Book
When I get a new idea in mind I'm always far too excited to write it out perfectly, I need to have somewhere to draft out things as soon as I think of it. Typo notebooks are perfect for this as their pages are able to be torn out and there is a pocket in the front to store important pieces of paper. Not only are they perfect for that, there is also a massive range of designs available for such a cheap price! Draft books are in no way meant to be kept neat -Who cares what your writing looks like as no one will ever see it besides you.



4// Starters
Writers block. Yes we all get it sometimes. Thats why starter journals are perfect to solve this issue. I have a wide range of books on my desk that give prompts, ideas or inspiration to get my mind into the flow of things. They're super handy to have and look pretty cool too.

I hope this post gets you inspired to organise your diaries and gives you some ideas of creative journal starters that you can purchase to help stop your mind blocks. Tag #thesamantharoom with photos of your journals so I can see what you're projects are!

Love, Samantha xxx




2 comments:

  1. Hello Samantha! Wow! I really love your blog! It looks fantastic. I love both wreck this journal and the Kikki.k scentence a day because they are easy to use and fun to keep to look back on. Keep doing what you are doing!
    xx Brittany
    - Hello Bubblegum Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Journals are honestly the best, I can't stop buying. Love your blog by the way!
      -thesamanthroom

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric